Friday, November 21, 2008

The past few days......

has been pretty iffy with Joshua.

He's almost 3 yrs old. Will be in February.

He has toys that has been "his" for so long. And he wants them to stay "his" and nobody elses. He's had attention that was "his" and nobody elses.

Until now.

I know I've posted it here before, but he totally wants to be the baby again. He wants his toys to stay his and he wants the attention of course. He wants his crib, he wants his pack-n-play, he wants to eat baby oatmeal.

He doesn't want to poop in the potty. He LOVES to hear about the Thomas the Tank big boy pants, but when he feels like he has to "go," we tell him he needs to go to the potty, and he says uh-uh. And continues to go in his diaper. He runs from the potty when he has to go.

But he WILL go get the potty and put the lid down and step on it to get to the sink. Or he WILL sit on it when he knows he doesn't have to go.

He acts up and definitely gets attention, but not the good kind.

Yesterday, it didn't take much and he went into a pretty rough mood. I took them out to Chick-Fil-A yesterday and Justin fell asleep. It was his naptime anyway, so we went on and I got to spend time with Joshua. We even got icecream.

When supper time came, I tried hard to make sure he had the supper he likes but is good for him too. We all sat down to eat, except for Daddy who wasn't here and wasn't going to be here until 10-11pm last night. I'd been telling him every so often, "I love you Josh." So when I stepped away from the table a minute, he called me back and said "Tell Josh."

I looked at him and said "Tell Josh what?" Then I got in front of him face to face and said "I love you, Josh." That's the only thing I could figure he wanted me to say.....again. Then he said it again, "Tell Josh." I told him "I love you Josh."

His big brown eyes let me know that he was soon going to be back to Joshua again.

Last night after supper, I gave them a bath and got them ready for bed. I told Josh to go ahead and get in his bed and as soon as I got Justin in his crib, I'd be in there to read him whatever books he wanted to read. So off we went.

I got Justin to sleep and I went in there to read to Josh. He told me to get in. So I crawled up on the bed and we sat there and talked! Talked about Christmas, Thomas the Train, trains in general.

He was the happy Josh I was used to. Then we heard the rattle of daddy's keys in the door.

He and Daddy are still working on it. They need a full day out all by themselves!
.

No comments: