Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Cleaning for a Disorganized Mommy

Looks like it's time for spring cleaning everyone!! I noticed on Organized Junkie's and the Lazy Organizer's websites, they are challenging us to do something: one is challenging us to get things straightened up around the house; the other is challenging us to start new habits. I love to read about things like that. Hey I even love to watch Niecy Nash who hosts "Clean House" on Style tv. Love that show! Now for the tricky part. ME getting things organized! And ME starting a new habit. Now that Joshua is older, we've got more of a routine going and somethings are easier to work with.....

Here is a list of things that I need to make sure I do:

  • At night, always make sure all the dishes are put in the dishwasher after we eat. (Sometimes there is a stray plate or glass. Or maybe a pan still on the stove). Turn on dishwasher.
  • Before I leave for work the next morning, put up the clean dishes where we can start another load easily.
  • Get to work 30 minutes earlier
  • Wash at least one load of laundry a day and not let it pile up for the weekend!
  • Keep the desk clean! For some STRANGE reason, it's a magnet for EVERYthing.
  • Organize the cabinets especially since my little man LOVES to go into the kitchen and inspect them. Toss out the old and organize the good stuff!

I'm sure there's plenty more, but right this minute, I'm stuck. I WILL be back tho. I welcome any ideas about organizing. What do you all do? What are your neat habits?

No comments: