Thursday, April 5, 2007

There's Nothing More Special

I know alot of parents may not agree with this, but when you've miscarried twice and then finally had your baby, well, it just seems like you take every moment you can to be with the little one which includes rocking him to sleep. That's ME, anyway. I rock my little man to sleep every night.

I have a stack of books that he LOVES to go through every night. I try to read to him. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. But mainly he loves to turn the pages and look at the pictures. Sometimes he'll look at a picture and then look up at me in awe. I talk to him about what's in the books (if he has a problem with me reading and taking my time), then we go to the next one. We must go through at least 5-6 books.

Then he starts resting himself more in my arms. Then whether it's a tag or an empty tube of toothpaste, or a stuffed animal, he'll start tinkering with it until he goes to sleep. One night this week, he turned around and faced me and smiled. He buried his head on my chest and just went to sleep. The other night this week, he was resting his head on my left arm. I was talking softly to him and he was just looking at me. Then he shook his head as if to say "uh-uh." I said, "uh-huh" and he grinned that sweet little grin with the little space between his top 2 teeth. And my little prince went to sleep.

It's so special to know that my little boy trusts me, that he can put his head on my shoulder or on my chest and go to sleep and feel safe. I pray that the Lord will take care of him all night long and that he'll have good dreams. Then if by some rare chance he wakes up in the middle of the night and he's upset, then Mommy and Daddy will be there for him.

Thinking about it, that's the way it is with God. I know He loves for us to trust Him enough to put our head on His shoulder and feel safe....knowing that He's in control and all our cares are on Him. Then if by chance we "wake up in the middle of the night upset," He's here for us.

No comments: