Monday, May 7, 2007

He Made Up for it!

My husband has been sick for several days with a cold. I guess it's a cold. I've asked him to go to the doctor if he didn't get better in a couple of days since there was a possibility for infection. And you KNOW that there ain't much we can do with infections. Anyway, he didn't want to go. Still dont want to go.

As I've mentioned many times, my husband stays at home with Joshua. He spends ALOT of time with him. Well, over the weekend, my sweet husband was really missing his time with Joshua and Joshua didn't really know what to do with him. He'd never really seen his daddy sick and laying around alot. So he didn't have a whole lot to do with him.

Although my husband knew that he didn't need to be around him for a while, it still hurt his feelings when he realized Joshua didn't care to hang around him. Well, that night, actually early the next morning about 3am, Joshua woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. The only thing that would calm him down was milk. So......I got up and got some milk ready. Well, I needed my husband's help during that time because I was not feeling that perky myself. Actually, I've felt rather puky! And so I did. Puke, that is...... Before I lay back down, I peeked in on my husband in the nursery trying to get Joshua to go back to sleep. I saw the sweetest sight. My husband was saying "DaDa?" and Joshua pointed at him. That was really the first time that Joshua made a motion acknowledging that he knew who "DaDa" was. My husband said it again.... "DaDa?" And Joshua playfully slapped at him letting him know "Hey, you're my daddy!" My husband had tears in his eyes.

When I did lay back down, I heard some of the sweetest sounds I could hear. My husband was laughing and seemed to forget how bad he really felt. I found out later, our little man was trying to shove a pacifer in his DaDa's mouth!

My husband had felt so bad, but it's amazing what a difference a little boy can make.

No comments: