Thursday, June 7, 2007

Oh How I Wish It Were Permanent!

Yesterday, I took the day off for 2 reasons: 1 being that I wanted to be with Joshua all day; 2 being that I had a dr's appointment in the later part of the afternoon.

After I fixed his breakfast yesterday morning, I had my normal "hanging over the porcelain" visit (since I"m 12 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child). I had put Joshua down in the living room real quick so I could make that visit. While I was over the toilet, I felt the sweetest little hand on my back. Joshua didn't understand what was happening and he was crying a little. I tried to let him know in between barfs that Mommy was ok. He put his hand on my back again. I think it was his way of taking care of me.......

After I managed to pull myself together, I got him ready to take off on a short road trip! Actually, I just had to take a small bag of trash to the dump and while we were out, he fell asleep. We're seriously looking around for land and homes for sale, so after I dumped the trash, I went on my merry way looking to see what was up for sale. I found a wonderful area. We are looking for, of course, a bigger, newer style house. But finding the right land is a little tricky.

We like out in the country, but not SO far out that you can't get to WalMart in a good amount of time! We already have VERY close neighbors (and I mean as far as distance between houses) who have a PARTY house out in the backyard. And you know what you do in a party house? Party til the wee hours of the morning. Hey, different strokes for different folks, but I like privacy and quiet......ESPECIALLY when I have Joshua in bed at a good time......I don't like to all of a sudden hear booming music, or bottles popping next door in the driveway NEXT to the nursery. Besides that, we live on a HIGHLY busy road and I couldn't let the kids out in the front yard in any peace.

We may not be able to get any of that right now, but I know most likely in the next 3-5 years, we'd be able to. I'm sure the right house and the right land will be there "in time." God's got a way of providing!

No comments: