Monday, July 7, 2008

No more nursery for Josh!

Well, today I took down the "baby" part of Josh's room. I took down all the blue and pink letters that spelled "Precious Miracle, Joshua" that lined his wall.

I replaced it with the "Car" and "Scooby Doo" stickers. "Cars" was on one wall while "Scooby" was on another wall. He likes them both. Not that he knows anything about the Cars movie or the Scooby Doo cartoons. He really doesn't. He just likes Cars because it's, well, a car thing. And he likes Scooby because he's a DOG! I don't really like the idea of him even watching the cartoon. It's a little too spooky. Scooby is actually "Doo Doo" to Josh! HA! He hasn't learned to say the whole name yet.

The only thing that got me through this was that while I was taking down the blue and pink letters, Josh was standing on his bed trying to help me! It's like he was SO excited to take them down.

JUSTIN, on the other hand, decided that when he opens his mouth, food goes in it. Like, applesauce! When he tastes applesauce, he looks at me and smiles really big with his 2 little teeth showing! BUT when I try to give him oatmeal or rice cereal.....Oh My Word. His cute little face scrunches all up, he does like he's gonna gag. He DOESN'T, but he acts like it. Then he closes his eyes and shivers!

I take it he don't like it.

So. I'll just stick with applesauce right now. I've tried giving it to him several times before, but it just hasn't worked out. So I think he's ready now.

Now, somehow, I just have to get Josh POTTY trained! I'm trying to sneak it up on him. He tells me when he's got to. And his wet diapers are getting to be fewer. So we're just about there. I think I"m going to get the Potty DVD everyone talks about to help him.

Well, since they are both asleep, I'm gonna go wash Justin's bottles now. G'Nite.

No comments: