Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Coakets Ing"

which translates to "crickets sing."

Now the story.....

The first night that Joshua became aware of the cricket's music was earlier this week. He was getting ready to go to sleep for the night. He was in his bed and we were talking.

All of a sudden, he looked at me with the "curious" expression. I watched him and then I heard the crickets outside.

I said, "Oh, that's the crickets singing!"

He said, "Coakets Ing?"

I said, "Yes. The crickets sing. Now, just close your eyes and listen to them sing."

And he did. But not 2 nights ago. Oh my goodness.

Again, the other night, he said "Coakets ing?"

I said, "Yeah, they are singing. Close your eyes and listen to them sing."

I had gotten down the hall into the kitchen putting some leftover food in smaller dishes to go into the refrigerator when I heard a wail! I put everything down and took off because he never does that. He just goes on to sleep.

Joshua's face was red from crying and he put up his arms. I told him to calm down and tell me what's wrong.

He said "Coakets ing!"

I said, "Crickets sing? Did you want to hear them sing"

He said "No!"

hmm. I explained to him that the crickets were not going to hurt him and that God made them. He made them to sing. They don't sing like we do and we can't understand them, but it's the only way they know how to sing. They sing just like birds sing.

I thought this would suffice, but it didn't. He wanted to "walk" and continued to point down the hall.

My husband was sitting on the couch and explained about the crickets. We even went to his room and did the "cricket jig" for him.

Who knows if there is really a cricket jig, but if there isn't or wasn't, we NOW have one. If only we had known to take a video of it!! Hey, we might be millionnaires.

Ya'll know the crazy things we do for kids, right?!

Well, after what I thought was just WONDERFUL entertainment for my Mr. Josh, I ended up telling him I'd sit there with him for a while. So he fell asleep in his bed while I fell asleep in his poppazone chair.

I don't know how you spell that chair so I'll say it reminds me of a fish bowl.

My husband came in there and got me up after an hour or so.

So.

Around 3:30am, after I'd slept a bit, Justin woke me up to feed him.

I went to our trusty recliner to feed him and we fell asleep. But I woke up when I heard the tiny, but firm voice coming from the back room.

"Mama?"

"Mama?"

I put Justin in his crib and found Joshua upset again.

I got my husband to pull out the futon in the living room where we slept the rest of the night.

1 comment:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh girl, I got tired just reading this!! That's so sweet though, I love to hear stories like this!!