Thursday, March 1, 2007

Was it a nightmare?

I understand what people mean now when they say every baby is different and do what you feel like you need to do with your baby. I've heard the stories about when your baby cries at night to leave them alone. Ok....well, it's according to their cry. Almost every night, Joshua wakes up in the middle of the night crying, but in about 2-3 minutes, he's back asleep. I believe he's just changing sleep cycles. Well, a couple of nights ago, I'd lay him down for the night when about 2 hours later, he's crying. It doesn't sound like the typical cry. Somethings a little weird here. I went in there and I honestly believe he was having a nightmare. He was on his back, still asleep, kicking his little legs. I'm thinking, I can't leave him like this. He needed to know I was there for him. I picked him up and in about 30 seconds he was calm. I lay him down and he slept the rest of the night.

No comments: