Saturday, January 19, 2008

Blessed!

I'm sitting here typing this post and watching my 2 little miracles sleep. My 23 month old, Joshua, is lying on some blankets on the floor with "Bay" (his word for bear). My 1 month old, Justin, I just picked up because he looked like he was about to get upset and I didn't want him to wake up Joshua.

I've been so blessed even though I've goofed up many times. As a teenager......well...I won't go into that. But I'm glad I can't go back there. I don't think I was bad, but I was terribly unsettled, but wanted my independence as all teens do....you're almost an adult, but still a stupid kid....knowwhutImean?

But God helped me get to 35 yrs old, gave me a good Christian husband (at age 26), and my babies. When they smile at me, I see God in it!

Joshua is quickly learning his alphabet. I was attempting to teach him with some alphabet placemats but found the Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set. It's WONDERFUL! He loves it! And so do I because it goes on the refrigerator and while I'm busy in the kitchen, he's right there! I'm able to go over the alphabet with him. AND this is NOT a paid advertisement for LeapFrog. I'm just tickled with it.

Oh yeah, let's hear a cheer for Baby Bjorn Baby Carriers!! I ordered one through Amazon last week. I found one brand new and alot cheaper than I would have got one in the stores. I won't mention which store. I just watched the price fluctuate until it fluctuated right down below $90 with no shipping cost. I carry Justin around while Joshua and I do laundry!

And when I say he does laundry, I ain't kidding! He grabs the clothes out of the hamper and hands each one to me to put in the washer or if I'm too slow putting them in, he reaches up, stands on his tippy toes, and tosses them in the washer himself! Then, when I take them out of the washer, I hand him each piece and he tosses them in the dryer! How's that for help?! It sure did come in handy when I was pregnant with Justin!!

I think I'm going to have to rename this blog "Life with Two Boys!"

1 comment:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

My son does the same thing with the laundry. He's 14 months old and is such an amazing help, except for the times he is more interested in turning on the washer than putting the clothes in.