Monday, February 5, 2007

hmmm. What changed?

Ok. For a couple of months, Joshua has been sleeping through the night. I'm not sure if it's the fact that he's growing and learning how to walk, getting into everything or what, but lately he's been waking up about 1:30 - 2:00am crying and then doesn't get back to sleep until 3:30 or 4am. Normally he'd wake up for about 2 minutes, cry, and then go back to sleep. But now, I wait it out for about 5 minutes, but his cry just gets harder! He'll still be laying on his stomach, but he'll be crying so hard! Right when I think he's settling down, he starts crying again. Not knowing for sure is stressful! Is it that his stomach is hurting, did he have a bad dream, is he hungry? If he's hit his growth spurt, then he may be pretty hungry. Does he not like to be cooped up in his bed and just wants to try out his new found abilities?

Now last night was a little different - he slept from about 7:30pm - 4:45am. Not too bad. I can handle that. I'd taken a Tylenol Nighttime around 11pm last night so I still had a bit of "nighttime" in me at 4:45am, but that's ok. I love to take care of my son. After 2 bottles, he was mostly happy and decided he wanted to romp! Joshua doesn't sleep in our room, but when he wakes up around 4:00 or 5am and can't go back to sleep, I just let him romp on our bed. It's special time for me, my husband, and Joshua. Joshua crawls all over us, laughs, smiles, cuts up. Then he wears himself out and we put him back in his crib.

No comments: